Friday, January 6, 2012

{Almost} Six Months

I cannot believe our sweet girl is almost six months old.  Where did the time go?  I was feeling awful today after my surprise surgery Tuesday.  The only thing that seemed to make me feel better was to get back behind the camera.  It's a little early to be celebrating Violet's six month birthday, but with it only being a few days away (and assuming we'll finally be on the road by then), I wanted to list a few of Vi's favorites and accomplishments before I put it off and don't remember (you realize how easy this is to do after the first one).


{Almost} Six Month Recap:
-eating solids (bananas, apples, pears, squash, carrots, spinach, rice cereal)
-mum mums
-yogurt bites
-rolling over
-pushing up on her knees
-moving in circles with arms while on belly
-grabbing at everything
-"sharing" with sissy
-size three Pampers
-still letting Mommy hold her bottle
-almost sitting up (just long enough for a picture)

-talking
-raspberries on her arm
-pants like a puppy
-tries to sit up while laying on her back

Oh, I'm sure there is so much I'm forgetting.  Everyday we are just so thankful for her health and her beautiful smile.



Oh how I love those sweet profile shots.  Not to mention that wild hair.



I hate to be so predictable by editing these photos black and white {pewter, my MOST favorite} but in this case if you haven't yet noticed, Miss Violet is a little bit of a ginger.  Her skin is so fare, as is the color of this comforter on my parents bed.  The two together just wash each other out.  I absolutely love taking photos on this bed; I'm going to miss it when we leave.  Thinking back, I did most of Violet's monthly photos on this bed.  The light comes right through the window and shines right on the bed.  This comforter, although isn't an ideal color for Violet, is so soft.  It's like a big pillow.  The perfect to cushion for those frequent little falls.  Even though she's such a graceful faller ...


Here is an example of black and white vs. color for comparison.  Everyone has their own artistic style and preference and obviously I lean more towards black and white.  That just happens to be the look I love.  Besides skin tones I also went pewter here because her sweet little butt chin (which she inherited from her Daddy) is hardly noticeable in the color photo ... and I simply can't have that. 


Happy early six months sweetheart.  Love you big girl and thank you for putting up with me and your Papa during this "photo session" ... the life of a young model can be so demanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment