Saturday, August 20, 2011

Zoo Day

The Zoo; a child's animal playground, a parent's nightmare. I use to love going to the Zoo, but this time I couldn't get out of there fast enough. For starters, this particular Zoo was ALL uphill. How is that even possible? Also, the crowds are a little overwhelming; especially now that Juliet refuses to ride and instead insisits on walking the entire time making those hills drag on FOREVER. When you finally do get to where you thought you were going (after a couple dozen "needed" snack and bathroom stops) you find yourself fighting through a crowd to stare blankly among twenty strangers at an empty cage while trying your best to explain to a two year old (who's by now breezed by her naptime and has little patience) that the adorable Ant Eater is just being shy. You could kill those keepers; who schedules a feeding at noon anyway? "But where are the White Bears Mommy?" And where do you think they're at? Go ahead, check the map; to your horror the damn Arctic Tundra is as far away from the "you are here" sticker as could possibly be ... yay!

All selfishness aside, Juliet had so much fun and that's really all that matters. I did have a good time watching her dip her carrots in ketchup, watching her attempt to eat an ice cream cone as big as her face and seeing her little face light up as she observed a Camel shamelessly empty his bladder in front of us for a good two minutes straight. Violet on the other hand wasn't too impressed. At least I got that impression when she slept through the entire trip. My sister Hannah was such a big help. To be honest, I may not have made it home without her!

Now, with all that being said ... when do Zoo Lights start up?














No comments:

Post a Comment