Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Beach Treasures

Today the girls and I met up with a childhood friend of mine to eat lunch and play at Redondo Beach. Well ... Juliet played, Melanie watched while holding Violet and I took pictures. Juliet was a little suspicious of the water at first ordering it to "stop toming (coming) at me!" so for a while she stuck to gathering "treasures" uncluding rocks, shells and yes an orange which she made ME fetch for her out of the water. At least she didn't ask to take it home ... gross!





















Like usual, Juliet insisted on wearing her "Cinderella" slippers like she does everywhere lately. It didn't take long before she gave up on them (hate to say I told you so Juliet) and wandered the beach barefoot. Once she felt the sand on her toes, she was ready to feel the water too; WITH Mommy of course.














It was a very fun afternoon and so nice to get a chance to catch up with Melanie. Juliet's been talking about her "beach" trip (which she's taken the liberty of adding a "T" to when pronouncing) ever since we got home.

1 comment: