Sunday, August 21, 2011

Ice Cream Anyone?

When Juliet asked so sweetly for a pink ice cream cone at the zoo, I just couldn't say no. It was hot out (hot for Seattle) and she had been such a good girl all day. I was slightly horrified when they handed her a ridiculously mammoth cone that she could barely see around. I immediately went into insecure parent mode; I swore I could feel the eyes of all judgmental, zoo happy mommies burning in the back of my head as my 23 pound, 2 year old skipped off beaming with an ice cream cone as big as her face in her tiny grasp. Keep in mind that my insecurities didn't stop me in the least from quickly changing lenses and knelling down to get the perfect shot of her devouring it. Luckily I didn't have to deal with a sugar high toddler later that day because she ate about two bites and decided she didn't like it. My sister and I eagerly helped her finish it WHICH if anyone asks, was our plan all along.




No comments:

Post a Comment