Finally got Violet to the pediatrician the other day for her 6 month check up ... except she was four days shy of 8 months. Eh, life got busy and she's wasn't sick {until yesterday} so there was never really a reason to take her, AND oh yes I forgot. I guess I shouldn't leave that part out. The doctor said she was in the 60th percentile for height and weight among those her age and in the 80th percentile for head {she reassured me that was all brain and fabulous hair}. Her doctor was happy to know Violet's a classified piggy and is sleeping through the night. Here are Violet's stats at "almost" 8 months:
-18 pounds and growing
-27 inches tall
-crawling everywhere
-pulling up on her knees and feet
-fearless {crawled off the step onto the balcony the other day}
-follows big sister everywhere
-favorite singer, Miss Etta James ... she's moved on from Amy Winehouse
-7:30pm bedtime
-6:30-7:30am wake up time {without interruption}
-eats anything and everything ... no picky eater this time around
-able to pick up food with her fingers and has moved from puree to chunks of "real" food now {and yes, this has at times included smiley fries}
-is very, very Mommy dependant {meaning, she will literally cry if I leave the room; this is not an exaggeration}
-downs about 4 bottles a day {4-6 ozs at a time}
-favorite times of day are bathtime and bedtime
-thinks her sister is the bees knees ... which she totally is
Some photos I got with my phone while at the pediatrician ... where believe it or not, Violet showed her first signs of being a shy girl. Grr.






No comments:
Post a Comment