Thursday, March 1, 2012

3 Months For Zoo; 7 Months For French Fries

The girls and I made the trek to the zoo in Tyler, TX with my good friend and her son today.  The kids had such a good time and the weather couldn't have been better.  It cracks me up when I think about how eager I was to take Juliet to the zoo for the first time.  Basically I was using the excuse of having a child to go to the zoo for my own nerdy animal viewing pleasure.  So what if she was only 3 months old?  She NEEDED to go.  But to see her now running around, naming the animals and buckling herself {obsessively I might add} in the wagon is pretty cool.  And there's no prouder moment for a mother then when she witnesses her little princess boss around a boy her age {well on second thought, seeing my 7 month old today snatch a bucket containing french fries out of her older and much stronger sister's grasp to chow down on those salty potato sticks like she was a relative of Chris Farley ALMOST topped my most proud moment}.  Of course with Juliet being older, it also makes the trip more expensive; I have to feed her now and have to of course get her the to die for flamingo cup with her meal PLUS a wagon {because how dare I imply she walk the entire time} ... you know how it is.  As long as she stays short I'll continue to not have to pay her entry fee so that thought still keeps me smiling.  Here are some photos from today's fun.  Thanks Lorrie and Wyatt for making the trip with us.  We're going to miss you two so much.























No comments:

Post a Comment