Sunday, January 5, 2014

#ConantGilmoreGloriousSummer2013 {the Canada bit}

I think the reason it's taken me SO long {aprox 5 months} to blog our trip to Canada is because the amount of photos was frankly a tad overwhelming.  But since we are snowed in today and have nowhere to be, I decided to make it my project.  So here is the Canada portion of our trip home last August.  The small town of New Denver, BC holds such a special place in Chris's heart.  He's been going there with his family every summer since he was little.  Since college, life has just been busy.  Moves, babies, more moves ... life.  So unfortunately it's not every summer we're able to go.  The fact that this year {although spread across the states} all his siblings were able to be together that same week at this little spot off Lake Slocan, made it all the more special.  It's an absolutely breathtaking, remote and incredibly relaxing place to be.  I feel so lucky to get to be a part of it.  This summer was mine and Juliet's third trip and Violet's first.  It was the first time the girls had ever camped out in a tent or been on a big boat.  I took far too many photos but looking back months later, I'm so glad I did.  Such special memories.  The girls are so lucky to have the big, loving family that they do.  So without further ado ... here's to Canada.

Setting up camp.  But not without a little horsing around.
 
 
Taking in the gorgeous view from our tent.
 
 
Walks to and from camp and Aunt Peggy's cabin to eat, play and color.  A path well traveled.
 
 
Rides and skiing on Uncle Ronny's boat.
 
 
Hikes up to Wee Sandy to peek at the waterfall.
 
 
Walks into town.  For ice cream.  Lots of ice cream.
 
 
Long naps in the tent.
 
 
Collecting sticks for campfires.
 
 
Lantern lit songs with Grandma and Grandpa.
 
 
Skipping rocks down on the beach.
 

Late night reading in the tent.
 
 
Rides in the canoe with Daddy.  I still can't believe Violet got in.
 
 
Sweet moments with GG.  We're so happy she made the trip.


 
 
Teasing and snitching pancakes from Uncle Gabe in the big cabin.  Because in the end she always gets her way.
 
 
And loads of time spent in the lake.
 
 
And for those wondering, Violet did eventually get in the water.  On the last day.  Stark naked.
 


Miss you already Canada!

No comments:

Post a Comment